July, 2016

  • 8 July

    What worked for me : Ubuntu : Stop wireless if LAN detected

    Every now then I had to move my raspberry pi 3 between rooms. One of the room had router, therefore the Raspi3 was connected via LAN. The other, however was far away so wireless was required. I had my DHCP set with mac binding. This assigned same IP to my devices …

February, 2016

  • 7 February

    What worked for me : RPi 2 : Enabling Samba share

    Enabling samba share on RPi 2 – Ubuntu Mate posed some challenges. Below is what worked for me. Install Samba with UI sudo apt-get install samba samba-common python-glade2 system-config-samba Edit samba config file sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf Ensure domain is not set domain logons = yes domain master = yes Add …

  • 7 February

    What worked for me : RPi 2 : Ubuntu Mate : NTP issues

    So I started with Rpi 2 and installed Ubuntu Mate. All worked well during the installation. But then I noticed. The time did not sync. Set at Nov 21 2015 when that particular build was created.  I started my search at google and there were few instances reported for time sync …

September, 2015

  • 19 September

    What worked for me : Windows 7 update Error

    For long I kept on facing this peculiar issue where windows update would hang on while “Checking for updates”. And it would remain like that for ever. A look into the windowsupdatelog in%systemroot% folder revealed that checking for error failed due to error 0x80070057. Upon reading a lot of material I followed …